One West Water St., Suite 203, Wakefield, Massachusetts 01880
Low-Cost Initial Consultations Available 781-202-9932 Low-Cost Initial Consultations Available 781-202-9932

H-1B & TN Visa Assistance in Wakefield

Help from Our Notable Wakefield Immigration Lawyer: Call 781-202-9932

H-1B and TN visas are visas reserved for professionals with specialized knowledge. Both types of visas allow for the opportunity to come to the United States to live, work, and share their area of expertise. In order to understand which type may be best in your situation, it is important to know what distinguishes an H-1B visa from a TN visa.

Why work with our Wakefield immigration lawyers?

  • More than 15 years of results and happy clients
  • We are a law firm 100% devoted to immigration law
  • Affordable flat rates and honest, upfront fees
  • Responsive counsel and accessibility

At DiSisto Law, P.C., our Wakefield immigration lawyer can explain the differences and help you pursue the visa that is right for you. Contact our firm online today to learn more.

What to Know about H-1B Visas

With an H-1B visa, a skilled professional can stay in the United States for three years and extend their stay for up to six years. There are a limited number of H-1B visas distributed each year and it is therefore imperative to speak with a qualified Wakefield immigration attorney to ensure your H-1B petition is filed with USCIS in a timely manner. Applications for new employment can only be submitted for the first five business days each April.

If you change employers, a portability petition must be filed with USCIS. An H-1B is a dual intent visa, meaning you may seek permanent residency via employment. Some employers are cap exempt, such as institutions of higher education, non-profit entities that are related to or affiliated with higher education, a nonprofit research organization, or a governmental research organization. This allows for a petitioning employer to file for an H-1B any time.

TN Visa for Canadian & Mexican Residents

A TN visa is only available for citizens of Canada and Mexico. Obtaining one is not a lengthy process and it is fairly easy to get the TN visa stamp needed to live and work in the United States. The career fields that can lead to a TN visa are more limited than those that can help you obtain an H-1B visa. There are specific approved occupations (via the NAFTA treaty) and most are bachelor degree level jobs.

The best option for a professional looking to live and work here may depend on:

  • The person’s intent
  • The length of time he or she wishes to stay
  • The exact professional field

Attorney DiSisto has the up-to-date knowledge, skill, and dedication needed to help you decide the best type of visa and to get the process started. She will dedicate the time to answer questions, assist with obstacles, and help ensure that you get the best outcome for your unique situation.

To start the process with a low-cost initial consultation, call DiSisto Law, P.C. at 781-202-9932.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form