Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyer in Wakefield
Our Wakefield Office Provides Immigration Assistance Throughout Massachusetts – 781-202-9932
The laws surrounding citizenship and naturalization can be complicated and time-consuming. If you are interested in citizenship and naturalization or have a loved one pursuing the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen, you need comprehensive and up-to-date legal guidance from a skilled Wakefield immigration attorney. At DiSisto Law, P.C., Attorney DiSisto can explain the process and guide you toward becoming an American citizen.
A number of requirements must be met to become a citizen:
- You must have a green card and continuously reside in the United States
- If married to a U.S. citizen, you need continuous residency for three years
- If you obtained residency via employment, or are divorced, continuous residency for five years is required
- You must also prove knowledge of American history and civics facts
- Support for the U.S. Constitution must also be declared
- You are considered to have good moral character
Obstacles to Obtaining Citizenship
Obstacles can derail the process, so it is essential to find a skilled attorney who can help you navigate any challenges that may arise.
- Being convicted of certain crimes, such as felonies or domestic violence
- Extended trips outside of the United States
- Tax problems
- Falsely declaring yourself to be a citizenship
What Should I do if I am Denied Citizenship?
Complications may arise if you pursue citizenship or naturalization and are denied. Information discovered or revealed during the process may lead to deportation, furthering the urgency of securing experienced legal counsel.
Citizenship and naturalization provide you with the full rights and protections offered to any other American citizen and result in the culmination of a life-long dream. Attorney DiSisto will evaluate your situation and determine your eligibility. She works to overcome any potential obstacles to increase the chance of approval.
Contact our Wakefield immigration lawyer online or at 781-202-9932 to set up a low-cost initial consultation.