North Shore Massachusetts

Immigration Law Firm

Low-Cost Initial Consultations Available


We Are Your

Immigration Law Firm

U Nonimmigrant Status Help from a Wakefield Immigration Lawyer

Learn How a U Visa Can Protect You & Your Family

At DiSisto Law, P.C., our Wakefield immigration attorney has many years of experience assisting families who are seeking help after being convicted of a serious crime. If you are currently cooperating with law enforcement in the investigation and prosecution of the particular case, then a U Visa may be exactly what you need.

The first step is figuring out whether your crime falls under the list of qualifying criminal activities. This list includes the following:

  • Murder
  • Sexual assault
  • Trafficking
  • Torture
  • Blackmail
  • Extortion
  • Kidnapping
  • Rape
  • Prostitution
  • Domestic violence

If your situation fall under any of the above, then you need to complete various forms, including Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status and Form I-918B, as well as include other relevant documentation.

If you are not completely sure how to collect this information, talk to our Wakefield immigration attorney for help. We strive to make the process as smooth as possible. Call 781.819.0700 to schedule a low-cost initialconsultation.

Eligibility Requirements for Obtaining a U Visa

DiSisto Law, P.C. can help you complete aspects that will make the process faster and less complicated. For example, a Form I-918, Supplemental B is a form that testifies to the fact that you have been helpful in an investigation. You must be petitioning USCIS for a U Visa and the form must be completed by an appropriate law enforcement agency.

There are various eligibility requirements, such as if you are:

  • The victim of a qualifying criminal activity
  • Suffering significant physical or mental abuse due to the criminal activity
  • In possession of information regarding the criminal activity
  • Successfully assisting law enforcement in the investigation and prosecution of the crime
  • Involved in a crime that occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws
  • Admissible to the United States

If you are not admissible to the U.S. then you can apply for a waiver on Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant.

Seek the Benefits of a U Visa Today

There are many benefits to obtaining a U Visa, such as nonimmigrant status to live and work in the U.S. for four years. Discover the change our work can bring to your life!

Contact our Wakefield immigration lawyer today to learn more about how we can help.

Take the

First Step in Your Case

Fill out the following form or call (781) 819-0700 to get started on your low-cost initial consultation. We will return your inquiry shortly.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.